Thursday 13 March 2014

Jupiter rotation

Very first attempt ever but I'm happy with it so far. Hopefully better results about to come, but one thing is absolutely clear, I need a better imaging kit :)
This is an extremely challenging task,every frame was an inidividual photo made from a video being stacked and registaxed. The very first frame was a bit different from the others, because it was fairly bright due to dawn.

Also I have limited view from my balcony, the Great Red Spot just passed half of its way across the visible part of the planet when visibility became a problem. Originally I was hoping to capture its journey till the GRS dissaperars on the right side of Jupiter. Never happened.

Also this was a test of my imaging skills and my kit at fairly nice conditions. Only problem was the Moon being pretty close to the planet, I don't know how much was the photo quality, clarity or brightness affected but for sure it didn't help it at all....

No comments:

Post a Comment