Friday 27 December 2013

ISS today

Today's try on ISS reminds me how hard it is to capture a fine sharp image of it. Not my best attempt but still some details are visble. Also some photos below attached.
Over 7100 frames captured, but my guess is that the sharpness wasn't the best at all. I've done this a few times and this amount of frames should have a few very good one. 
To be honest ISS appeared at its highest of 35ยบ so because of its distance that might be result of my lost sharpness. Anyway it was a lovely evening and I did not come home empty handed :)))
The gif below shows its journey from west towards south-east. When it first appeared, coming from west just after an hour after sunset, Sun still reflecting on the solar panels. But as it kept moving into the direction of the dark side of Earth, less and less sunlight reflected back towards my eyes so less and less is visible from ISS from my location. By the end of the gif - approximately 2:30 mins - the solar panels disappeared completely.
Let's add that the whole duration of ISS's crossing the sky was roughly 6 mins but due to low clouds I couldn't continue shooting. 



A gif of 14 frames which I think has something to show -
during the journey it took in 2:30min crossing the sky.




The very first useful frame, probably the best with all four solar panels


Because of its orientation - I guess - already two of four solar panels are dissapeared








No comments:

Post a Comment