Sunday 4 August 2013

Tube case and flightcase

After a long search eventually I found the right case for my Skywatcher 200PDS tube. I ordered it from Germany, the brand called Geoptik and they offer cases for different equipments (cases for various scopes, for counterweights,  for eyepieces etc.). You can find them on eBay, trustworthy and you get the item fairly quick.

Travel kit

Perfect carry bag for midsized Newtonian (eBay)


Also luckily I found on eBay as well a flightcase for the rest of my equipment. A company in Croydon sells second hand items related to film production. Therefore they have flightcases in all shape and form, metal or plastic.... They allowed me to come by and look around in their warehouse, so after a litte search they found me the flightcase just perfect for my needs. For £60 which would be triple at least if brand new.

Flight case and eyepiece case


And just to complete the protection project, also found a little case for my eyepieces for £25 and is a very good bit of item too. The foam inside consist of little cubes you can take out or push it in (that's what I did) to form the right shape for each eyepiece. It's from eBay but it's box told me from Maplin actually.

Eyepieces safe in a hard case

So as the pics show everything from eyepieces to the mount, counterweights, will go to the flightcase and the tube into Geoptik case. Easy to carry with a 4 wheel trolley and easy to handle.
Feels good to acknowlede that all my equipments are safe to carry around, protected during storage mainly from dust and accidental damages. So from now on clear skies :-))

No comments:

Post a Comment